Today, I did something that I didn’t think would happen for a long time. I applied and interviewed for another job. There is an apparel/jewelry/college fashion store here in Columbia wanting to fill 15 positions total in all of their stores. There are full-time and part-time positions open, starting salary is anywhere from $9-$15 per hour, the hours are better, they are closed on Sundays, there are opportunities for advancement, they offer health insurance, its air conditioned, the list goes on and on… Pretty much everything about this job is better than my current one as far as providing myself financial security. I feel like I interviewed well, and if I got the job, I’ll hear from them Monday or Tuesday.
I’ve never done something like this; moved from one job to the next while being currently employed. You see, I love the job that I am at now: I am good at it, I have fun, I love the people that I work with. But, it does not pay as much as I need, or as much as I feel I deserve. This new job would. I have found myself acting purely out of self-preservation, and I’ve never done that before. But, with such a good opportunity to put myself in a better financial position, how could I not take the chance?
I haven’t decided what I’ll do if I’m offered a part-time position. But, I know that if they want to hire me full-time, I will take the job without hesitation. The bad part, to me, is that I probably won’t feel bad about it. As much as I love everything about my current job, and do not anticipate liking the new one more than my current one, I can’t think like that when I am literally living paycheck to four-days-before-paycheck.
Here is to hoping for the best, even though I feel like the worst.
Wait, these are actually hella cute questions.
— 1. Who was the last person you held hands with?
2. Are you outgoing or shy?
3. Who are you looking forward to seeing?
4. Are you easy to get along with?
5. If you were drunk would the person you like take care of you?
6. What kind of people are you attracted to?
7. Do you think you’ll be in a relationship two months from now?
8. Who from the opposite gender is on your mind?
9. Does talking about sex make you uncomfortable?
10. Who was the last person you had a deep conversation with?
11. What does the most recent text that you sent say?
12. What are your 5 favorite songs right now?
13. Do you like it when people play with your hair?
14. Do you believe in luck and miracles?
15. What good thing happened this summer?
16. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again?
17. Do you think there is life on other planets?
18. Do you still talk to your first crush?
19. Do you like bubble baths?
20. Do you like your neighbors?
21. What are you bad habits?
22. Where would you like to travel?
23. Do you have trust issues?
24. Favorite part of your daily routine?
25. What part of your body are you most uncomfortable with?
26. What do you do when you wake up?
27. Do you wish your skin was lighter or darker?
28. Who are you most comfortable around?
29. Have any of your ex’s told you they regret breaking up?
30. Do you ever want to get married?
31. Is your hair long enough for a pony tail?
32. Which celebrities would you have a threesome with?
33. Spell your name with your chin.
34. Do you play sports? What sports?
35. Would you rather live without TV or music?
36. Have you ever liked someone and never told them?
37. What do you say during awkward silences?
38. Describe your dream girl/guy?
39. What are your favorite stores to shop in?
40. What do you want to do after high school?
41. Do you believe everyone deserves a second chance?
42. If your being extremely quiet what does it mean?
43. Do you smile at strangers?
44. Trip to outer space or bottom of the ocean?
45. What makes you get out of bed in the morning?
46. What are you paranoid about?
47. Have you ever been high?
48. Have you ever been drunk?
49. Have you done anything recently that you hope nobody finds out about?
50. What was the colour of the last hoodie you wore?
51. Ever wished you were someone else?
52. One thing you wish you could change about yourself?
53. Favourite makeup brand?
54. Favourite store?
55. Favourite blog?
56. Favourite colour?
57. Favourite food?
58. Last thing you ate?
59. First thing you ate this morning?
60. Ever won a competition? For what?
61. Been suspended/expelled? For what?
62. Been arrested? For what?
63. Ever been in love?
64. Tell us the story of your first kiss?
65. Are you hungry right now?
66. Do you like your tumblr friends more than your real friends?
67. Facebook or Twitter?
68. Twitter or Tumblr?
69. Are you watching tv right now?
70. Names of your bestfriends?
71. Craving something? What?
72. What colour are your towels?
72. How many pillows do you sleep with?
73. Do you sleep with stuffed animals?
74. How many stuffed animals do you think you have?
75. Favourite animal?
76. What colour is your underwear?
77. Chocolate or Vanilla?
78. Favourite ice cream flavour?
79. What colour shirt are you wearing?
80. What colour pants?
81. Favourite tv show?
82. Favourite movie?
83. Mean Girls or Mean Girls 2?
84. Mean Girls or 21 Jump Street?
85. Favourite character from Mean Girls?
86. Favourite character from Finding Nemo?
87. First person you talked to today?
88. Last person you talked to today?
89. Name a person you hate?
90. Name a person you love?
91. Is there anyone you want to punch in the face right now?
92. In a fight with someone?
93. How many sweatpants do you have?
94. How many sweaters/hoodies do you have?
95. Last movie you watched?
96. Favourite actress?
97. Favourite actor?
98. Do you tan a lot?
99. Have any pets?
100. How are you feeling?
101. Do you type fast?
102. Do you regret anything from your past?
103. Can you spell well?
104. Do you miss anyone from your past?
105. Ever been to a bonfire party?
106. Ever broken someone’s heart?
107. Have you ever been on a horse?
108. What should you be doing?
109. Is something irritating you right now?
110. Have you ever liked someone so much it hurt?
111. Do you have trust issues?
112. Who was the last person you cried in front of?
113. What was your childhood nickname?
114. Have you ever been out of your province/state?
115. Do you play the Wii?
116. Are you listening to music right now?
117. Do you like chicken noodle soup?
118. Do you like Chinese food?
119. Favourite book?
120. Are you afraid of the dark?
121. Are you mean?
122. Is cheating ever okay?
123. Can you keep white shoes clean?
124. Do you believe in love at first sight?
125. Do you believe in true love?
126. Are you currently bored?
127. What makes you happy?
128. Would you change your name?
129. What your zodiac sign?
130. Do you like subway?
131. Your bestfriend of the opposite sex likes you, what do you do?
132. Who’s the last person you had a deep conversation with?
133. Favourite lyrics right now?
134. Can you count to one million?
135. Dumbest lie you ever told?
136. Do you sleep with your doors open or closed?
137. How tall are you?
138. Curly or Straight hair?
139. Brunette or Blonde?
140. Summer or Winter?
141. Night or Day?
142. Favourite month?
143. Are you a vegetarian?
144. Dark, milk or white chocolate?
145. Tea or Coffee?
146. Was today a good day?
147. Mars or Snickers?
148. What’s your favourite quote?
149. Do you believe in ghosts?
150. Get the closest book next to you, open it to page 42, what’s the first line on that page? (via tchitsnathan)
(Source: catscuddlingandyou, via wonderingaboutthesouffles)
Favourite Audrey Ramirez Quotes
Audrey doesn’t get NEARLY enough love. It’s Edwardian period, yet she’s a genius Hispanic engineer who wears overalls, has adorably little meaty arms, doesn’t take any crap from boys, runs a mechanic business with her father and her sister is a prize fighter.
Cool Disney female characters don’t have to be princesses, folks.
Axton from Borderlands 2
Cosplay by RebelliousDante
Photograpy by LJinto
Make-up. It’s okay for you to wear it, men. :D
I’ve just now decided. This is going to be my next Cosplay.
this is literally what happens when a young adult starts working full time
(Source: himynameistade, via wonderingaboutthesouffles)
Do you ever read your scripts and think to yourself, “That still happens, yeah, that still happens in modern America?” The plight of women, while it has improved, has not advanced to the point where these are the types of mistreatments that are so unusual that they are extinct.
OMG. She is so adorable when out of character.
(Source: cchristina-hendricks, via wonderingaboutthesouffles)
The meta sequel to that dumb frank video that got popular
The Twilight Pug
i’ve said it before and i’ll say it again
YOU DO NOT NEED TO BRING YOUR GUN TO THE GROCERY STORE
how does america even function like it sounds like a video game or something. grand theft freedom.
Hello, grocery store employee of 4 years here… Uhm, the only guns that get carried inside my store are by on-duty law enforcement? I live in a state with some of the most relaxed firearm laws, and one of the easiest places to get a CWP (the license that lawfully permits you to carry a firearm in public in South Carolina). This isn’t to say it doesn’t happen, just that it’s extremely rare.
Just want to inform ya so you know better.